Wednesday, September 23, 2009

About ACEOs




ACEO stands for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals".
The standard format is 2.5" x 3.5" inches in dimension - the size of a sports trading card.



ACEOs can be either one-of-a-kind originals using various art media or can be made as ACEO limited edition prints.

These wonderful and affordably priced miniature works of art can be collected, traded for, or simply framed for display.




ACEO Limited Edition Prints

ACEO Print buyers and collectors appreciate the value of a limited edition, thus they are generally made in small editions [10-50]. In addition, they are customarily signed and numbered on the back (for example 1 of 50 or 1/50 for example).

All my ACEO Prints are printed with a Certificate of Authenticity on the back of the card and include the title, date, edition number/size, and signature.



They are printed on acid-free museum quality paper with highest quality archival inks.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your suggestions for my Etsy site. All of your suggestions are very good. I've thought about putting a picture of the packaging before, and I this confirms I should. Personalizing my profile more is also a great idea. I never thought of using my "About Moi" description on Etsy. Good idea! As for the small variety in paper earrings, the leaf paper I was using a lot was being used because I was experimenting and I just stuck with that paper. Now that I've made quite a few of those, I am branching out and put some new designs and colors up yesterday. I still have more of that paper to list, but am steering away from it.

    Your Etsy shop is nice. My mom paints so I appreciate what goes into it. I'm too impatient for painting. Your "Yoga" series is very cool. The "Melon and Orange Juice" still life is very nice too. The ligthing and perspective in it are awesome. You also offer a great variety of items and it is all very well organized. Your banner is very nice too and conveys exactly who you are and what you do. Excellent start on Etsy! I wish you much success and thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

    Thank You,

    Libby

    ReplyDelete